Reports to: Estate Manager - Team Leader/Estate Manager
Location: 35-41 Folgate Street, London E1 6BX
Hours: 08:30-17:30 Monday to Friday
This is a key role in our Estate Management team. You will work in partnership with the Estate Managers to ensure we consistently deliver a high standard of performance (achieving our KPIs) and achieve customer satisfaction. The role has 2 key parts: performing frontline communication with our customers (eg. resolving day to day queries and sending correspondence) and reactive maintenance management.
Critical Success Requirements
These are the key competencies a successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Customer service mentality & strong communication skills – We exist because of our customers. As someone who is on the ‘frontline’, you will have a key impact on how our customers perceive Encore. Our challenge is to earn our customers’ trust and confidence through our actions. We can do this by: providing accurate and timely information, responding quickly and thoroughly to feedback/issues, ensuring everything is done correctly and to a high standard, and resolving any disputes diplomatically. Always remember that we are in the customer service business, not simply the estate management business.
- Successful implementation: thorough & accountable – A desire and willingness to systematically and diligently do what needs to be done to ensure key milestones are achieved on time & on budget. To manage estates effectively, everything must be in order and our obligations must be fulfilled. Being accountable is about taking personal responsibility to deliver on your promises, reacting quickly when the situation demands and resolving issues to completion.
- Business maturity & a ‘can-do’ approach – You will possess business maturity combined with a can-do approach. While there are defined processes to follow, sometimes the best rule is to apply common sense and exercise your good judgement. You will possess this attribute and become an indispensable part of the team.
In all areas, you will need to ensure that company policies and procedures are consistently applied to the required standards. You will support the Estate Managers and General Manager across a portfolio of properties to deliver the following outcomes:
Outcome 1: Provide excellent customer service to achieve customer satisfaction
Excellent Communication Practices:
- Provide frontline communication (telephone, email and correspondence) with leaseholders.
- Respond quickly to customer contact in an appropriate way (following company standards/protocols - not always by email) and always with a professional and helpful manner. Take accountability by following up and seeing things through to the end. o Generate and send ad-hoc correspondence as required. This may involve letter writing/typing, mail merging and mass mailings to residents, leaseholders and tenants.
- Data Management: Ensure our database is kept fully up-to-date at all times. Manage hard and soft copy data (including e-mails), ensuring all files are scanned, tagged, up-to-date and filed appropriately in Qube (our property management software system). Encore Estate Management Ltd
- Online Portal: Ensure the online portal is kept up-to-date with relevant and accurate information.
Outcome 3: The key milestones & KPIs are achieved
- Milestone Management: Ensure the planned cyclical tasks are accomplished on-time (within the specified timescales).
- KPI achievement: Monitor and achieve Key Performance Indicator targets (eg. Avg time for completion of reactive works).
Outcome 4: The maintenance of our estates is effectively managed
- Reactive Works: Handle reported maintenance issues in a timely and effective manner (following internal procedures), communicating with affected parties throughout the process.
- Contractor Management: Source quotes and place orders with contractors to carry out works. Works orders need to be thoroughly briefed and followed through to resolution.
- Insurance Claims: Ensure all insurance claims are handled promptly and reconciled appropriately.
- Health & Safety: Ensure that health & safety legislation, policies and recommendations are adhered to at all times.
Outcome 5: The financial aspects of our estates are effectively managed
- Expenditure Control: Generate purchase orders for works associated with the service charge. Ensure the correct coding is applied to each order and the cost does not exceed budget.
- Reports: Generate reports as required.
Skills & Experience Required
The successful candidate will present with the following:
- A good standard of education is essential.
- A property qualification (eg. IRPM Part 1) would be desirable but is not essential.
- 3 years+ relevant experience. While a background in estate/property management is desirable, your experience could be in another field.
- Customer relationship management: Previous ‘frontline’ contact with customers is essential.
- Systems: Prior experience with software systems such as database management and ordering/invoicing is essential.
- Contractor management: Prior experience with managing contractors is highly desirable.
- Excellent time management, prioritisation and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills: good letter writing, telephone manner and ability to brief third parties when required (eg. contractors)
- Excellent people skills: an ability to empathise and resolve issues effectively.
- Excellent computer skills: proficient in all Microsoft programmes and competent in mail merging. Knowledge of Qube would be an advantage.
- Good commercial skills: demonstrate commercial nous and a ‘value for money’ approach.
- Accountable: take personal responsibility for seeing things through to successful resolution.
- Thorough: attention to detail, the ability to think things through – not just follow a checklist.
- Commitment: take pride in your work and care about your/the team’s performance.
- Mature: common-sense approach. Remain calm & measured while juggling multiple projects.
- Positive: an optimistic, can-do attitude that improves team morale.
These are the key responsibilities of the role. There will be other general duties associated with the position. To be eligible, a candidate must be legally able to work in the UK and have a full, ‘clean’ driving licence.