Reports to: Service Charge Arrears Supervisor
Location: 2 Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 1JP
Hours: 08:30-17:30 Monday to Thursday, 08:30-17:00 Friday
The Service Charge Arrears is responsible for the effective support and assistance with Encore’s whole portfolio of Estates. This role forms a vital part of the team, and involves interaction with Leaseholders, Debt Collection Agencies and Estate Managers, as well as other colleagues within the client accounting function.
In all areas, you will need to ensure that company policies and procedures are consistently applied to the required standards, delivering on time and with a high degree of accuracy. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Allocating all service charge receipts onto Qube correctly and on time
- Running the direct debit receipts routine and dealing with all correspondence
- Being first point of contact for telephone calls regarding leaseholder account queries
- Managing the service charge email, answering all queries within 5 days
- Reconciling the clearing bank accounts
- Running the fortnightly arrears procedure and other monthly ad-hoc arrears routines
- Assisting with debt collection queries
- Holiday cover for the Purchase Ledger function and at times of peak volume
- Assisting the client accounting team and other departments with day to day / adhoc duties
Skills & Experience Required
- Experience in client accounting desirable but not essential
- Excellent time management, prioritisation and diary management
- Excellent numeracy/analytical skills and competency in dealing with financial information
- Excellent communication skills – letter writing and the written and verbal presentation of information
- Excellent computer skills – Proficient in all Microsoft programmes, particularly Excel, and competent in mail merging.
- Excellent Team Working – Ability to build working relationships with employees across the organisation.
- Accountable: take personal responsibility for seeing things through to successful resolution
- Thorough: attention to detail, the ability to think things through – not just follow a checklist
- Commitment: take pride in your work and care about your/the team’s performance
- Mature: common-sense approach. Remain calm & measured while juggling multiple projects
- Positive: an optimistic, can-do attitude that improves team morale
These are the key responsibilities of the role. There will be other general duties associated with the position. To be eligible, a candidate must be legally able to work in the UK.