Reports to: Support & IT Managers
Location: 2 Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 1JP
Hours: 08:30-17:30 Monday to Thursday, 8:30 - 17:00 Friday with some additional hours as needed
Supporting the company’s office and site based staff, the team is responsible for maintaining all software and hardware across the business, including our Qube software, which underpins our entire company’s operations. We do this by providing efficient desktop support and helping the business to keep up to date with the latest technologies. As a small team supporting all of the offices and on-site staff, there is a requirement to travel and this can be at short notice, therefore the ability to be flexible, coupled with a can-do attitude is a necessity.
A further part of this support is advising on best practice for users and ensuring compliance with the company’s policies and procedures. This includes ensuring that all of our staff are trained to the highest standards in all areas that affect their role and are up-to-date with the current Estate Management industry standards.
Planning for the future is essential for any business and as we support each of the different teams and departments we have a unique understanding of the needs for the entire company. A change of process for one team, may also unknowingly affect another. We are there to ensure that all angles are considered and that changes are thought through to conclusion, safeguarding our company against potential issues before they arise. Therefore the team is responsible for managing projects and implementing change, not only ensuring that our business policies and procedures are optimised to work effectively, but that we are also using the most cutting edge and up to date software.
This is an extremely varied role where no two days are the same and there is always something new to learn.
A successful Support Co-Ordinator has excellent administrative skills, a keen attention to detail and a questioning attitude. In addition, the ability to communicate in a confident manner across all levels of the business with both technical and non-technical staff is also key. Ultimately, a perfect Support Co-Ordinator should be highly organised and thrive under pressure.
As the team provides a full range of support to the company you will be required to assist across all of these areas:
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support to users in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Diagnosing and resolving technical issues.
- Assessing the complexity of issues and escalating as necessary.
- Maintain, set-up, configure and support a variety of hardware.
- Ensure that all computer hardware is checked to be functional and secure.
- Communicating quickly and effectively with all users when issues arise, through to resolution.
- Ensuring that a high level of customer service and support is provided to all.
- Ensure that you understand incoming instructions and requests including timescales.
- Administering accurate and comprehensive records within our Support Log.
- Performing analysis reporting to assist the team by highlighting key issues and how they can be
prevented or resolved efficiently, in both our software performance and where users may be
- Prioritising the team’s workload to ensure time sensitive and urgent issues are dealt with prior to
those with lower urgency.
- Ensuring the asset register is kept up to date and maintaining control of IT stock.
- Meticulous record keeping of all changes or variances and versions to allow clear tracking of
- Ensure that the team knowledge base is constantly updated
Assist the Training & Development Manager when required with the management of the Encore Academy:
- Manage bookings and preparation for training events.
- Organise and manage training equipment and meeting rooms.
- Ensure that all training material is up-to-date and consistent.
- Present in-person and online training sessions.
Assist the team with specific projects as briefed:
- Scheduling of project tasks with precision whilst managing the day to day workload.
- Strong accountability for tasks and for moving tasks and projects onwards.
- Understanding the project life cycle and responsibilities and taking ownership of this.
- Projects will include implementing new software, assisting with upgrades, change management and business
Skills & Experience Required
- At least 2 years in a customer service role is essential.
- Previous experience within a similar support, training or project assistant role is desirable.
- The ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Strong communication skills.
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills.
- The ability to investigate and resolve issues.
- Be happy and adaptable in a busy and fast paced role.
- Be proactive, by highlighting key issues and how they can be prevented or resolved efficiently.
- Organised – Tidy, systematic, finishes what they start.
- Diligent – Follows instructions, sticks to the rules.
- Accurate – All work is completed without mistakes.
- Analytical – Enjoys complexity. Drawn to concepts and theories.
- Integrity – Manages the reality of situations with plain simple honesty.
- Adaptable – Able to apply themselves to a variety of tasks.
- Positivity – Has a can do attitude and will step up when required
- Questioning – Asks the Who, What, Where, When, Why, How type of questions.
- Innovative – Shows creative, original thinking.
These are the key responsibilities of the role. There will be other general duties associated with the position. To be eligible, a candidate must be legally able to work in the UK and have a full, ‘clean’ driving licence.