Reports to: Service Charge Co-ordinator
Location: 2 Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 1JP
Hours: 08:30-17:30 Monday to Thursday, 08:30-17:00 Friday
The Service Charge Accountant is responsible for the effective client accounting of a portfolio of managed estates. The Service Charge Accountant is a vital part of the team, working closely with the Estate Manager and may involve client interaction. This is an exciting role which will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to grow.
In all areas, you will need to ensure that company policies and procedures are consistently applied to the required standards, delivering on time and with a high degree of accuracy. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensure annual service charge budgets are accurate and loaded correctly with correct apportionments
- Periodic billing of service charges, ground rent and other charges to leaseholders
- Prepare end of year service charge accounts within agreed timeframe, before submitting to external Accountants for review
- Deal with complex issues surrounding phased developments still under construction
- Monthly bank reconciliations for client estates
- Produce quarterly management reports, for review with Estate Managers and clients. Analyse the expenditure v budget, arrears and cashflow position, producing a summary report
- Monitor the general health and correctness of the service charge accounts associated with your portfolio, supporting Estate Managers with relevant information
- Corporation tax administration
- Answer leaseholder / client enquiries in a timely fashion
- Handle referred tenant service charge queries to resolution via either telephone or e-mail, or escalate to relevant Estate Manager
- Assist the accounts team with day to day / adhoc duties
Skills & Experience Required
- AAT part/qualified desireable
- 1+ years of accounts experience desirable
- Experience in service charge client accounting is desirable but not essential
- Experience with Qube software is desirable but not essentialA good standard of general administrative experience is essential.
- Excellent time management, prioritisation and diary management
- Excellent numeracy/analytical skills and competency in dealing with financial information
- Excellent communication skills – letter writing and the written and verbal presentation of information
- Excellent computer skills – Proficient in all Microsoft programmes and competent in mail merging.
- Excellent Team Working – Ability to build working relationships with employees across the organisation.
- Accountable: take personal responsibility for seeing things through to successful resolution
- Thorough: attention to detail, the ability to think things through – not just follow a checklist
- Commitment: take pride in your work and care about your/the team’s performance
- Mature: common-sense approach. Remain calm & measured while juggling multiple projects
- Positive: an optimistic, can-do attitude that enhances team morale